Finding insightful information from the right sources regarding COVID-19 can be a difficult task. SIS has taken the liberty to gather helpful resources from reputable organizations to help keep healthcare workers, their patients, and their loved ones informed and prepared.
Your Surgical Information Systems (SIS) team is here to assist you during this unprecedented health crisis. Every SIS Solution provides flexible, configurable, ways to help you operate during and after COVID-19.
SIS is dedicated to providing timely information, updates, education, and ways to connect with your peers.
Together we will come out of this stronger.
SIS Solutions & COVID-19
SIS Complete cloud-based ASC software users have native remote capabilities from any device, anywhere. Any authorized SIS user can access functionality to remotely check schedules, and perform scheduling and billing. SIS Complete comes standard with built-in patient, staff, and vendor communications capabilities via text and email.
Current users not accessing the full power of SIS Complete can contact Support at 800-930-0895 to turn on additional capabilities. SIS Complete users can easily make modifications to support COVID-19 screening and documentation. This information can be found by contacting SIS Support. All SIS Complete functionality is implemented and trained 100% remotely.
Not yet using true cloud ASC software? Contact us at 800-866-0656 for more information and to learn more about SIS Complete or join an upcoming webinar.
If your ASC is temporarily closed or slowed down, this may be a good time to explore the latest ASC technology. Some benefits of cloud technology include:
- High availability in a secure datacenter with backups
- Anywhere, anytime access on any device
- Self-service configurability that helps adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Ability to push out updates to patients, staff, and vendors via text or email
- Quick training that enables staff to get up to speed in hours
ASC & Hospital Resources:
- Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (ASCA):
- ASC Podcast with John Goehle: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-hvEz0wQCixVHuMAODSiow
- Small Business Protection Program: https://home.treasury.gov/policy-issues/top-priorities/cares-act/assistance-for-small-businesses
- AORN: https://www.aorn.org/about-aorn/aorn-newsroom/covid-19-coronavirus
- MEDITECH: https://ehr.meditech.com/news/meditech-provides-decision-support-and-guidance-for-coronavirus
- California Resources (CASA): https://associationdatabase.com/aws/CASA/pt/sp/covid19
- CDC Information on Alternate Care Sites: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/alternative-care-sites.html
Perioperative Industry Insight:
- CDC Guidance for Healthcare Professionals: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/hcp/index.html
- CDC: Click here for the latest CDC recommendations for COVID-19 screening
- CDC: Click here for guidance to determine whether a procedure is considered "elective"
- Click here for CMS March 30 announcement on regulatory changes impacting ASCs.
- Click here for CMS Emergency Declaration Blanket Waivers for healthcare providers.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- LinkedIn Learning Resource: Remote Working: Setting Yourself and Your Teams Up for Success
For any questions on how SIS can assist you with your ASC software during this time, please reach out to your Support teams at:
SIS Hospital: email@example.com | 800-944-3896
SIS Complete: firstname.lastname@example.org | 866-265-2434
Amkai: email@example.com | 866-265-2434
AdvantX: firstname.lastname@example.org | 800-562-7069
Vision: email@example.com | 800-246-0875
SurgiSource: firstname.lastname@example.org | 800-447-0104